The Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences with Health Sciences (Hons) at KPJ Healthcare University College is aimed to produce efficient health care professionals with knowledge and skills in development and testing of drugs and dosage form. Emphasize will also be given on quality control and quality testing of pharmaceutical and healthcare products including cosmetics.
These students of this program will be provided hands on training in various healthcare industries and pharmaceutical laboratories. In Malaysia the pharmaceutical industry is growing at a rate of 8-10 percent over the last decade. Malaysia is emerging as a regional hub for Pharmaceutical, Cosmeceutical, Nutraceutical and herbal industries. Further there is a high demand of pharmaceutical scientists globally.
Program Code : N/727/6/0034 (08/2018)
Duration of Programme: Full Time (4 Years / 8 Semesters)
- Local: RM80,000
- International: Rm140, 000
Intake : February and September
The graduates of Pharmaceutical Science with Health Science have various career opportunities locally as well as globally. The graduates of this program would be well placed to pursue careers in the following pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
- As a team member in Discovery and development of new drug entities and novel formulation development
- As a researcher/Scientist/Manager in Pharmaceutical, cosmetic, chemical, biotechnology, Herbal and food industry.
- As a quality control Analyst in pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
- Healthcare Administrator
- Emergency medical services
- Academics in institutions of higher education.
- Medical sales and marketing for local and multinational companies
- Scientific writing.
*Graduates of this programme cannot be Pharmacist
- Pass STPM with 3 principals ‘B’ including Chemistry and two other science subjects or Mathematics; OR
- Pass A-Levels with grade BBC including grade B in Chemistry, one of the subjects – Biology, Physic or Mathematics and General Studies; OR
- Pass in matriculation with a minimum CGPA 2.70 and above including Chemistry subject; OR
- Pass foundation in Science with grade B in two (2) subjects including Chemistry and at least CGPA 2.75 and above; OR
- Pass Diploma in Pharmacy or in related field from a recognized institution with at least CGPA of 2.50; OR
- Pass Diploma in Science or in related field from a recognized institution with at least CGPA of 2.75; OR
- Pass Bachelor Degree in Science with at least CGPA 2.50 and above; OR
- Other equivalent Academic Qualification; AND
- Candidates should have MUET Band 3, TOEFL 570, IELTS Band 5.5 or a pass in English Aptitude Test conducted by KPJUC on approval by Senate