Diploma In Tourism Management
|MQA No :||FA 0591|
|MOE Reference :||KPT/JPS R/812/4/0017(FA 0591)08/21|
|Duration :||3 Years|
|Entry Requirement:||(1) PASS SPM with minimum 3 credits in any subject; OR|
(2) PASS O-level with minimum C Grade in any 3 subject; OR
(3) PASS SKM (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia) level 3 in related field AND PASS SPM with minimum 1 credit in any subject; OR
(4) PASS UEC with minimum B Grade in any 3 subject; OR
(5) PASS Sijil Kolej Komuniti in equivalent to level 3 of MQF in related field with minimum 1 credit in any subject; OR
(6) PASS certificate level 3 MQF in related field or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
(7) PASS STPM with minimum C Grade (NGMP 2.0) in any subject; OR
(8) PASS STAM with minimum rank Maqbul level.
|Brief Description of the Programme|
|This programme is designed to produce qualified manpower to work in the operational and supervising level as well as entrepreneurs in the travel & tour business. A comprehensive curriculum for students to develop skills and expose the students to global tourism practices. Domestic and international expose lead to future career prospects.|
A comprehensive curriculum for students to develop skills in the tourism industry.
Expose students to global tourism practices.
Combination of theoretical and practical training including leadership, management and training for future career prospectus.
An entrepreneurial path to begin their own tour agency.Domestic and International exposure.
|Who should be joining?|
Employees of tourism industry.
Any individual who has the spirit or perseverance to work in the tourism industry. He/She must have the full commitment, vision and belief that the tourism industry would be a better career opportunity.
|Tour Guide / Coordinator / Consultant / Manager|
Entrepreneur operating travel agency
Event & conference organiser
Airline Guest Assistant
Have the opportunity to work abroad
|Options for Academic Progression|
|Students may pursue study and progress in such programmes at offering universities locally and internationally:-|
Bachelor degree programme in Travel Operation
Bachelor degree programme in Tourism Management
Bachelor degree programme in Event Management
Bachelor degree programme in Business Management
|What are the attractions about this Programme?|
|Offers domestic and international field trips.|
Strong foundation in key management functions.
Fun and effective ways of connecting with the industry (industrial attachment).
Third language as one of the subject.
|Salary guide for The Fresh Graduates|
|Job Title||Salary (RM)|
|Tour Guide / Coordinator||1,800|
|Airport Guest Assistant||1,800|